Saturday, December 15, 2007

Top 10 WPJA photographer!

The Wedding Photojournalist Association (WPJA) is a professional organization composed of photojournalists and wedding photographers from around the world. It is an honor for me to be a member of such a prestigious association. Each quarter, the WPJA holds a contest, and I am so excited to share that 7 of my images placed and that I am listed in the top 10 WPJA photographers from the latest contest! Click here to view the WPJA website and contest.

The following are my images that placed, and I included a small description of each (this is not part of the contest entry).

Bride getting ready category:
16th place- Kristen heading to the ceremony in Bandol, France.
18th place- Michelle getting a final glance in the mirror before she walks down the aisle at the Crystal Ballroom.





































Creative Portrait category:
6th place- Melissa and Ryan outside the Armory in the Pea
rl district.

















Emotion category:
6th place- Carrie and her mother-in-law embrace on the dance floor.
10th place- I don't even have an explanation for this one. It was such an off-beat moment because Brianna and Kellen were all smiles all day! I remember laughing so hard when I saw this image in the editing process.






























Scene setters category:
17th place- Kristen and Julien's cocktail hour at the Hotel Delos, France.
















Reception category:
9th place- a tired little guest finds a safe haven during Marian and Wylie's reception.





4 comments:

Katie Jervis Photography said...

Yay, Nicole! You deserve this and so much more... you're incredible!!!!

Paul said...

Awesome work! Way to go. Some VERY well deserved recognition.

Anonymous said...

I actually looked you up to congratulate you on the Creative Portrait picture of the couple outside. It has to be one of my favorite pictures ever and I just love the romance that it portrays with the new couple embarking on the journey that the couple in the background have been on! Amazing job - first place in my book!!

Monica said...

I hadn't been by to look at your work lately. I'm glad I came by. This is well deserved! Your work has always been stunning in my humble opinion. I have an e-mail from you here, I've been really slow writing.

CONGRATULATIONS!

Monica