Thursday, July 31, 2008

Bonjour!

I rarely post anything personal on my blog, but today I feel like sharing a few photos from our recent trip to France for Lise and Sebastien's amazing wedding. We stayed in the Burgundy region in the charming medieval town of Mont Saint Jean. The Château Les Roches (top image), a boutique B&B, was an amazing base from which to explore the area. We had the best food (especially cheese, only one was too stinky for me), wine (served for breakfast!), sites (castles, countryside, quaint towns, canals, and fields of sunflowers), and met friendly French Donkey's, hedgehogs, and glow worms. Delta lost our baggage until the last day of the trip, so we also spent plenty of time trying to track down our luggage, shopping for clothes and shoes, etc. We did a day after session of a fabulous Portland couple in Paris, a wedding at a 900 year old Abbaye, and an engagement session in the sunflower fields, so check back in September!










I was so excited to come home to my yard (who knew I could become so domesticated?!) and see how much our newly planted lawn and all my flowers had grown. I created this arrangement from my snapdragons, sweet peas, poppies, wildflowers, and some berries from the tree in the alley.

1 comment:

Katie Jervis Photography said...

Still can't BELIEVE your baggage fiasco... SO SORRY.

Nic, these are STUNNING images! I would love to see #3 #5 and #7 as huge gallery wrapped wall canvases!

Can't wait to see the wedding and day after session Paris-style in a few weeks! You're the best!